Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Poor Little Tree


I put up my Christmas tree last weekend and was very happy with the way it turned out. I'm very picky about my tree -- only white lights, all the ornaments have to be red, green, gold or white. No rogue colors allowed on my tree. Everything matches, even the bows and beads. I knew in the back of my head that the kitten could be a problem this year when it came to the tree, but I was hoping not because he's so good. The tree goes up on Sunday. On Wednesday, I remark to Frank that I can't believe how Tuck hasn't bothered the tree once. Can you say jinx? Not 10 minutes after I say it the kitten makes his little wind up noise (the noise he makes before he takes off full-speed at something) and he takes off at the tree. In about 4 seconds he's three-quarters up the inside of the tree. Ever since it has been an ongoing battle to keep him out of the tree. I have no more ornaments or bows on the bottom of the tree. He has pulled the beads down so they just hang at the bottom. He likes to sit on the bottom branches on the left side of the tree. I would be really mad if he wasn't so cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment